Demons are angels who rebelled and fell from grace after they were granted free will. The fall caused them to lose a majority of their angelic abilities and form. After the fall, the head of all demons, Kemuel, divided the newly formed demons into seven houses with princes to rule over each as he ruled overall. Each house has seven legions of demons under its control.
Their war against the light continues in their newfound abode in Hell. They will not rest until every soul is theirs and Heaven is a smoldering ash pile. Despite all this, Kemuel, who is now Satan, at his core is still an angel and thus bound by the rules of the forces that made him. Kemuel is both the King of Hell and the Prince of Pride.
Demons feed off the wanton desires and base natures of men and creatures alike. It is how they are able to corrupt the souls and sentence them to Hell.
Unlike their angelic counterparts, demons do not have shells to use within the mortal realms, so they rely heavily on possession of a host body they may wear for centuries until it is spent or destroyed.
Below are examples of sins associated with each house
- Lust. Sins dealing with sexual and carnal desires
- Greed. Sins dealing with wealth and selfishness
- Sloth. Sins dealing with despair and apathy
- Pride. Sins dealing in vain glory, vanity, and narcissism
- Envy. Sins dealing with jealousy, pettiness, and angst
- Gluttony. Sins dealing with overindulgences in all things
- Wrath. Sins dealing with anger, hatred, and betrayal
- Anael. Prince of Lust
- Raguel. Prince of Greed, Son of Kemuel
- Zadkiel. Prince of Sloth, Known as the Noonday demon
- Kemuel (Satan). Prince of Pride, In the disguise of his Angelic form
- Abaddon. Prince of Envy, Massive Sea Serpent
- Azriel. Prince of Gluttony, Lord of Flies
- Malachiel. Prince of Wrath, Chief advisor of Satan (Kemuel's demonic form)
- Satan (Kemuel). King of Hell, fallen Archangel of Light and Keepers of Keys
- Jezebel. Queen of Hell, Mother of Monsters
- Samael. Fallen Archangel, General of Hell’s armies, Other Chief advisor to Satan
Incubus and Succubus
Human and Demon hybrids. Often feeding off of sexual energy and possibly other emotions like stress, grief, and depression, etc. Incubus (male) and Succubus (female) have been known to breed with each other from time to time in hopes to create a shell strong enough to hold Satan this has so far been unsuccessful.
Demons lost certain powers after their fall but gained a few new abilities in the darkness of the pit. To make up for these losses, they have turned to spell casting which they use to tie themselves back to the Source to recharge at a limited capacity unlike the angels, although this limited capacity does not apply to Satan or Samael who retain their angelic forms.
- Spell Casting
- Invisibility or Cloaking
- Super Strength
- Super Stamina
- Super Senses
- Dream Walking
- Invulnerability (in true form)
- Electromagnetic Interference
- Limited Reality Warping
- Limited Time Manipulation/ Chronokinesis
- Supernatural Perception
- Lie detection
- Temporal Awareness
- Memory Manipulation
- Soul Reading
- Vocal Mimicry
- Power Negation (Satan and Samael only)
Demons have an aversion to any and all things holy or blessed by the light. It hurts and maims them. Exorcism is the most common way to drive a demon out. Once exorcised, the demon will return to the house it has come from.
Incubus and Succubus Abilities
All Incubi and succubi like the Nephilim have:
- Supernatural Strength.
- Heightened Senses.
Their ability to feed off emotions manifest in early teen years at the start of puberty. Their other demonic powers are based on which House their parent came from and can manifest in late teens to early adulthood or possibly not manifest at all. Whatever demonic powers they inherit will be at a limited or diminished capacity than what their infernal parent possesses. Although in some cases they have been known to grow wings similar to bats and tails.